Header Ads

Breaking News

Apology (Expressions)

Expressing An apology;

- Sorry
- I'm so sorry
- I'm terribly sorry
- Sorry, It was my fault
- I'm really sorry
- I am extremely sorry
- I do apologize for...
- Please, forgive me for...
- Please, accept my apology
- Pardon me for...
- I apologize for my attitude
- Sorry, please don't be mad at me
- I'm sorry, I shouldn't have do that
- I am ashamed for what I have done, please forgive me
- I am sorry for disturbing
- I am sorry for interrupting
- Pardon me for…
- I beg your pardon for…
- Excuse me
- I do apologize for...
- I must apologize for...
- I apologize for...
- I'd like to apologize for...
- I apologize for my attitude
- I apologize for my bad manners
- Please accept my apologies for everything I've done
- Forgive me for…

Accepting Apology;

- It's fine
- That's fine
- That's alright
- Don't worry about it
- It doesn't matter
- Don't mention it
- Don't apologize
- Never mind
- You couldn't help it.
- That's okay
- Forget it
- That's OK.
- I quite understand.
- Forget about it.
- Don't worry about it.
- No harm done.

Examples & Test

Dialogue I
Student:  Excuse me for being late.
Teacher: Where made you late?
Student:  My scooter broke down.
Teacher: That's too bad. Please try to fix it so that it doesn't happen again.
Student: Yes, sir. I will.

Dialogue II
Teacher : You didn’t show me your home work.
Lisa       : I am sorry, Sir. I haven’t done it yet.
Teacher : Oh, why?
Lisa       : I wasn’t very well yesterday.
Teacher : What was wrong with you?
Lisa       : I had a bad headache.
Teacher : But you know, I saw you playing kite yesterday afternoon. Aren’t you telling a lie?
Lisa       : I Extremely sorry, Sir.
Teacher : You are stubborn. Besides you're a girl. Now you have to apologize!
Lisa       : Please forgive me, Sir. I now regret having told a lie. I assure you that I will never tell a lie in my life.
Teacher : Good that you have realized.

Dialogue III
Rani : Why you didn't come to my birthday party last night?
Salsa: I do apologize for it, I really wanted to come to your party.
Rani : Then why you didn't?
Salsa: My mother was sick and I had to take care of her.
Rani : Oh my goodness. I'm sorry I didn't know that.
Salsa: That's okay.


Test yourself

1. Fill in the blank with the appropriate words to make an apology.

1) I must ...................... to Rachel for my late arrival. (Sorry – apologize – pardon)
2) I’m.......................... for my bad results at Mathematics. (Happy – ashamed – forgive)
3) It’s me who was responsible for that problem. It’s all my..................... (Work – plan – fault)



No comments