Header Ads

Breaking News

Reported speech (Comprehension)



Choose the best reported speech answer of the option a, b, c, or d.

1. “What’s your passion?” : He said.
A. He wanted to know what is my passion.
B. He wanted to know what my passion was.
C. He wanted to know what was my passion.
D. He wants to know what my passion is.

2. My mother told me, “Don’t eat the food now!”
A. My mother told me not to eat the food at that time
B. My mother told me don’t eat the food at that time
C. My mother told me didn’t eat the food at that time
D. My mother told me not to eat the food now

3. “Did they eat out together yesterday?”
A. He asked me if they had eaten out together yesterday.
B. He asked me if they had eaten out together the day before.
C. He asked me if they has eaten out together the day before.
D. He asked me if they ate out together yesterday

4. “I begin to understand the concept of reported speech.”
A. She said that he began to understand the concept of reported speech.
B. She wanted to know if he began to understand the concept of reported speech.
C. She asked me that he began to understand the concept of reported speech.
D. She said I begin to understand the concept of reported speech.

5.  He asked me, “Can I borrow your book for a moment?”
A. He asked me whether I can borrow your book for a moment
B. He asked me whether he can borrow my book for a moment
C. He asked me if he can borrow my book for a moment
D. He asked me if he could borrow my book for a moment

6. James asked me, “Did you and Sarah go to campus yesterday?”
A. James asked me if you and Sarah go to campus yesterday.
B. James asked me if I and Sarah had gone to campus the day before
C. James asked me if I and Sarah has gone to campus the day before
D. James asked me if I and Sarah went to campus the day before


7. “Your friend has just left.”
A. She told me that my friend has just left.
B. She told me that your friend had just left.
C. She told me that my friend had just left.
D. She told me our friend has just left.

8. “Don’t turn off the light now.”
A. He told me didn't turn off the light at that time.
B. He told me not to turn off the light at that time.
C. He told me don't turn off the light at that time.
D. He told me don’t turn off the light now

9. She asked me, “Why are you staring angrily at that man?”
A. She asked me why were you staring angrily at that man
B. She asked me why was I staring angrily at that man
C. She asked me why was she staring angrily at that man
D. She asked me why am I staring angrily at that man

10. Lisa asked, “What is your dream in the future?”
A. Lisa wanted to know what is your dream in the future
B. Lisa wanted to know what is my dream in the future
C. Lisa wanted to know what my dream in the future is
D. Lisa wanted to know what my dream in the future was

11.  My brother said, “We have been staying here for three days”
A. My brother said that they had been staying there for three days
B. My brother said that they had been staying here for three days
C. My brother said that they have been staying there for three days
D. My brother said that we have been staying here for three days

12. The lecturer said, “The students must be in the class before 8 a.m. tomorrow”
A. He said the students must be in the class before 8 a.m. tomorrow
B. He said the students had to be in the class before 8 a.m. tomorrow
C. He said the that students had to be in the class before 8 a.m. the day after
D. He said the students must be in the class before 8 a.m. the day after

13. The students said, “I begin to understand how to make a good sentence”
A. They wanted to know if he began to understand how to make a good sentence
B. They asked me if he began to understand how to make a good sentence
C. They said that he began to understand how to make a good sentence
D. They said that he begins to understand how to make a good sentence

14. My sister told me, “Your best friend has just left from the school”
A. She told me that my best friend had just left from the school
b) My sister told me that my best friend has just left from the school
c) My sister told me that your best friend has just left from the school
d) My sister told me that your best friend had just left from the school

15. Louis told me, “I am going to meet my penpal from Spain in a couple of weeks”
A. Louis told me that he was going to meet his penpal from Spain a couple of weeks after
B. Louis told me that he is going to meet his penpal from Spain two weeks after
C. Louis told me that I am going to meet my penpal from Spain next a couple of weeks weeks
D. Louis told me that I was going to meet my penpal from Spain next two weeks


No comments