Header Ads

Breaking News

Grammatical speaking (test)

Choose the best answer !



1.  Rebecca:  Where does Sue live?
     Stephen:  She .... in Church street
a.  lives                                        c.  living
b.  lives                                        d.  live

2. Glenn:  Do you do much travelling?
Ben    :  Yes, I like travelling a lot.
Glenn:  What countries ......... ?
a.  do you visit                            c.  did you visit
b.  have you visited                    d.  will you visit

    Shop assistant: Can I help you?
    A woman       :  I'm looking for (3) .... of shoes
    Shop assistant:  Over here ma'am, follow me, please
                              Which shoes are you looking for?
    A woman       :  Those red ones, please
    Shop assistant:  What (4) .... do you wear?

3.  a.  a couple                             c.  two
     b.  a pair                                 d.  a group

4.  a.  big                                     c.  size
     b.  large                                  d.  measure

5. Alright, what .... do you need?  'That's all.'
a.  again                                       c.  else
b.  other                                       d.  addition

6. Please don't make a noise, I .... to concentrate
a.  was trying                                c.  am trying
b.  will be trying                           d.  have been trying

    Jun :  Did you see my watch?
    Jim :  Where did you put it?
    Jun :  I don't remember where I put it but I'm sure it is (7) .... around here
    Jun :  Is (8) .... your watch?
    Jim :  Yes, that's (9) .... .  Thanks
    Jun :  (10) ....................

7. a.  somewhere                           c.  anywhere
    b.  nowhere                               d.  everywhere

8. a.  it                                           c.  they
    b.  we                                        d.  there

9. a.  mine                                     c.  my
    b.  me                                        d.  myself

10. a.  Sorry                                  c.  No way
      b.  No sweat                            d.  You're my friend    

11. Herlina:  Did you go to the swimming pool last Sunday?
          Sinta:  No, I didn't.
      Herlina:  How about Dina?
          Sinta:  She didn't ..........
a.  so                                             c.  either
b.  too                                           d.  neither

12. # Do you still remember our English teacher?
  .   - Yeah, I will never forget his ........
a.  foolishness                              c.  kindess
b.  dullness                                  d.  darkness

13. Ajib:  Is your sister as tall as you?
    Toyib:  Yes, she has got the same ........ as I do
a.  tall                                            c.  high
b.  long                                          d.  height

14. Jim:  ......  .......... will the rain stop?
      Jun:  Immediately, I hope
a.  How soon                                 c.  How far
b.  How long                                 d.  How fast

15. Linda:  Who was the man in your house last night?
      Maria:  Oh, it was my mother's younger brother. You have met ...... before, haven't you?
a.  her                                            c.  him
b.  us                                             d.  them

16. Wahyu:  Do you like cheating in a test?
       Rikky:  No, I don't.  How about you?
      Wahyu:  .....   ................
a.  So do I                                     c.  I'm no neither
b.  I do too                                    d.  Neither do I

17. Mr. Brown:  Can I go to Bali ..... train directly?
      Ms. Kriwil:  No, you have got to stop in Banyuwangi railway station, then take a bus
a.  with                                         c.  by
b.  on                                            d.  in

18. ....  ........  are the prices of your glasses?  'They're Rp. 1,000,000
a.  How many                               c.  How often
b.  How much                               d.  How far

19. Wahyu:  There's a football match in Senayan this weekend
      Rikky  :  I know. Are you going to watch it Bro' ?
      Wahyu :  Yes, of course I am.
      Rikky     I am, too. Hurry up then, let's buy the tickets
                    There must be ...  ......  ... people to see it
a.  a lot of                                      c.  a few
b.  much                                        d.  a little

20. Shop assistant:  Can I help you?
             Customer:  Yes, I ................. for sport shoes
a.  look                                          c.  have looked
b.  'm looking                                d.  looked

21. Shop keeper:  Can I help you, ma'am?
          Customer:  Yes, I ........  a kilo of sugar and ...... of olive oil, please
      Shop keeper:  Here you are. Is that all?
          Customer:  Yes, how much are they?
a.  choose - a litre                         c.  ask - litre
b.  get -  litre                                d.  need - a litre

22. Putra:Where did you spend your last holiday?
      Putri:  In Sabang
      Putra:  ........  did you go there?
      Putri:  By aeroplane
a.  Why                                         c.  How
b.  what                                        d.  Who

23. Ghani:  What happened to the tree in front of your house?
      Mew  :  Oh, my father ........ last Sunday
a.  is cutting it down                     c.  has cut it down
b.  cuts it down                             d.  cut it down

24. Rosa:  Wow ! The roses in your garden are so beautiful
                 May I have the white one, please?
      Meri:  Only .... my mother allows you to
a.  if                                              c.  and
b.  but                                           d.  unless

25. Son:  What do I have to do Dad?
      Dad:  You ........ take your little sister to her school, haven't you?
      Son:  All right Dad
a.  have                                         c.  have to
b. has                                            d.  has to



No comments